Saturday, June 4, 2011

Leather Pouch

leather pouch

when I saw him finally
not the lines in his face
but the specks of God in his eyes
the weakness the runs from his tongue
the effort of his muscles to cover the faultering of his heart
it happened


I knew nothing but what I needed
human ripples in ponds of discontent
toned in reverence
lost in his voice
that filled these cavities of the feral souled beast
I was


freedom slides down my skin as I register
and take him in like the first time
A vision of miles away ignorance
it doesn't wound these days
that he takes in air and doesn't know me
that his steps reek of no sadness


I have a small kit that contains leather, needle, thread
to sew up what is left of my madness into a neat leather pouch
a pouch that I will shove into an empty bottle where
bitter sour remains of what I drain onto the sand will stain the leather dark


off to sea I will cast it/him
tied to tide his hold ceasing
as gentle waves salt my calves
as sunlight warms my bare back


gulls will sing their casting song
as I hum along
waving to those who await me high on the beach
ready to run to meet their arms and eyes



nicoleena
january 17, 2011


what "I" deserve....



No comments:

Post a Comment