Thursday, August 12, 2010

I am the girl resting in love within the mouth of the moon

I am the girl resting in love within the mouth of the moon



The moon drew me tonight and I flowed in upon him like cream

Resting within his mouth I beckoned you to rise with us

Your ears were filled with the sound of your pride

The eyes of the moon tear in my starry lullaby

My cries of weathered nights and barren dawns float along the airless stretches

of universe


The moon held me this eve

Rocking me to billowy dreamless sleep

Because he promised

Everything would be just as it is supposed to

The moon chanted to me this eve

Enchanting whispers pressed upon my ear

His reflective glow warming my raised skin

And I woke to the seat of his warm and moist mouth

I am the girl seated within the mouth of the moon

I am the light he set afire this eve

I am the desire of his every moonlit glow

I am the girl resting in love within the mouth of the moon

And you …

You don’t deserve me


September 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment