Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I kinda sometimes maybe, but not really


I wish to be crazy untied

Smoke cigarettes

Hang out in cool New York bars

Jazz infested

just crawling in hip

I wish to wear trench coats and top hats

Run bone braless

I wish to be that colossal one

With profound binding

Published things

I wish to sip coffee

That tastes something

Like it smells

Love's bitter bite backwash

And coffee breath

I wish for some cash

But to be free enough to travel

In cars to graveyards

Pubs and history’s shining

I wish to be the eccentric

Who reads poetry to her dog

Surrounded in book musk

And Literature dust

As he just smiles

3 comments:

  1. You aspire to be full of life. Wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jazz infested" is one of my favorite lines. Try McCoy Tyner Focal Point/Parody (musical genocide, and he gets away with it) or something sweeter like Mode for Dulcimer. I dont think poets do it much anymore but we used to give readings along with jazz improvisations. Not always a success but never boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, actually Rake a friend of mine and I wanted to do that in New York this spring. It didn't pan out, but we might still try to pull it off. I love the thought of it. I do have some tracks to music that I am going to be uploading soon. Glad to see you here dear friend. :) Pedro dear, thank you as always!

    ReplyDelete